At its heart, Pacific Asia Museum is an educational institution that helps the people of Southern California gain a better understanding of the cultures of Asia. As the only museum in Southern California dedicated exclusively to Asian and Pacific Island art and culture, Pacific Asia Museum has a unique capability to help the diverse communities of our region gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the 21st century. But to continue, we need your help.
Whether you have experienced the museum through our Fusion Friday series, through the eyes of a child experiencing Asia for the first time, or by attending our popular Lunar New Year Festival, it’s hard to leave without having your life impacted in memorable ways. That means that every year 40,000 lives have been uniquely enriched. As a member of our community, your gift will provide this kind of experience for generations to come.
We need your help to continue these vital programs. Your gift will support:
- Free school tours of the museum and hands-on workshops for thousands of students.
- Special Exhibitions sharing new perspectives on Asian art and culture through innovative and interactive displays.
- Preservation of our historic building, which, at almost 90 years old, is an essential part of the Pacific Asia Museum experience and history of Pasadena.
- Free Family Festivals sharing the cultures of Asia and the Pacific Islands with the community through afternoons of live music, dance, performances and activities.
- Gallery improvements and conservation of our 15,000-piece collection spanning more than 4,000 years of history.
- Educational programming for children and adults alike, including lectures, Silk Road Story Time, Authors on Asia, Art & Coffee and more.
Gifts in any amount are greatly appreciated, so please donate today. Thank you for your continued support of Pacific Asia Museum and the vital role it plays in our community.